Currently two open positions: Senior Gameplay Programmer and Producer.
Warpzone Studios is seeking a talented and experienced gameplay engineer to join our expanding team. We are currently collaborating with Mojang on an exciting project and are looking for someone who is passionate about game development and eager to make a significant impact on the gameplay experience.
We encourage good communication skills between disciplines and developers, and we value a supportive and collaborative working environment.
- Implementing gameplay features for Minecraft Dungeons.
- Be creative and contribute your developer perspective to a dedicated cross-functional team.
- Investigating and implementing new gameplay mechanics, features and systems as well as refactoring outdated code.
- Ensuring that the technical solutions align with design documentation and workflow tools
- Supporting and aligning with other feature teams working on your game project
- Professional experience with modern C++ (including refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing), and familiarity with recent revisions to the C++ standard.
- Proficient in at least one modern game engine (like Unreal)
- Experience with agile methodologies and workflows
- Understanding of software architecture patterns used for multiplayer games.
- Have a genuine interest in game development and the games industry.
- Comfortable working in an international environment, expressing yourself fluently in English. Swedish is a plus.
- Support and act as a role model to less experienced developers
- Experience from implementing gameplay in shipped games on PC or consoles
- Experience with scripting languages such as Lua or Angelscript
Warpzone Studios is seeking an experienced Producer to lead one of our teams. We are currently collaborating with Mojang on an exciting project and are looking for someone who is passionate about game development and eager to make a significant impact on the gameplay experience. We encourage good communication skills between disciplines and developers, and we value a supportive and collaborative working environment.
As a Producer, you will play a crucial role in shaping games from inception to release, collaborating with other producers and stakeholders to coordinate and prioritize roadmaps and backlogs, manage risks and dependencies, and align timelines. You will be accountable for the full lifecycle of items in the team, from planning and scoping to execution, testing, final delivery, and evaluation.
In this role, you will coordinate and support your team, facilitating the development and delivery of creative solutions to tough franchise challenges. You will continuously identify areas for improvement and execute on them.
We’d like you to:
- Be curious about how things work and a drive to understand and make processes better and more efficient.
- Be a natural leader and team player with effective communication and problem-solving skills. Excellent self-leadership skills, thorough and analytical, confident, and able to say no.
- Have shipped at least one game or large game project in similar roles during your 2+ years working experience in gaming.
- Have solid experience working in agile development environments.
- Have experience working with a global team and be confident in speaking and writing in English. Swedish is a plus.
- Be passionate for and have a deep understanding of gaming and technology.
At Warpzone Studios, we believe in being kind to each other. We are a small, independent game studio in Stockholm, currently with seven employees and looking to hire two more. This position is fully remote – we do not have an office. However, we may invite you to social gatherings a few times a year. If you prefer to work as a freelancer, we are open to that arrangement as well.
If you are interested in being part of a dynamic game studio and making a significant impact on our projects, please apply now via linda @ warpzonestudios.com. We look forward to hearing from you!